Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

How Much/How Many?

I get so many questions about the HCG plan itself. I think we all just get so excited about the prospect of losing about a pound a day that we make it more difficult than it is. I know because I did the same thing. ;) It's no problem, though; just normal. So ask away and don't be shy. In the meantime, here are some clarifications that might help.

The plan calls for about 100 grams of food portions. That's also about 3.5/4.0 ounces of food by weight.

Also, remember that your meats are 100 grams before cooking.  Since we live in a rural area where there is no Kroger, I have a hard time finding USA/'clean' fish products. One nearby Wal-Mart carries bags of USA shrimp, but they are pre-cooked. However, Kroger carries USA raw frozen shrimp of about the same size. So I thawed the raw shrimp, drained and weighed 100 grams of it, then I cooked it and compared it to the pre-cooked shrimp. I found that 100 grams of raw shrimp (medium size) is about equal to 12 pre-cooked shrimp (of the medium size).

I found individually frozen chicken breasts to be too big for our purposes, so I buy the All Natural Tyson frozen chicken tenderloins, which are much smaller. In most cases, two small-sized tenderloins weigh in at about 100 grams (uncooked, of course). I grab a plastic storage container or resealable bag, dump in some seasoned salt, italian herb blend, garlic salt, Mrs. Dash, and add my chicken, then throw it in the fridge to marinate for at least a day. The plan calls for rotating meat choices each day (not eating the same protein twice in one day), so If I put 4 tenderloins in to marinate, then I have two or three days' worth. Three days in the fridge is just right. When I take out the last two to cook, I immediately fix up another batch and place in the fridge (fresh container). It takes literally about 3 or 4 minutes in a covered skillet to brown them and voila! Lunch (or dinner) is served. And these things are deLISH! mmmmmmmm

Try your hand at this and see how easy it becomes to judge portions. Soon you will not even have to weigh them...but be sure to weigh yourself every day because you will be seeing those pounds melt away!! Yippeee!

Keep at it. You are doing great! You are so much closer than you think. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment