Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Breaking Plateaus and Regaining Losses

During my first 43 days in Phase Two of the HCG plan, I hit two plateaus and experienced one gain. Still, with all the ups and downs, I managed to lose 41 pounds in those 43 days. The highest one day loss I had was 4 pounds; most days I had a 1/2 pound loss.

When I hit a plateau (where my weight stayed the same for two or more days), the recommendation was to have an 'apple day'. An apple day consists of lots of water and 5 apples, but nothing else all day. This is usually the way to resolve a plateau of 5 days or more at the same weight. Since I had not gone 5 days on my plateaus, I opted for adding exercise and reducing salt intake instead. This worked for me both times. I also always added Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to my raw tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced apples on those days. Obviously one or more of these tactics, which had been suggested to me with my plan, did the trick.

I use only seasoned sea salt, but be careful to use one that has no sugar added---I know--crazy, isn't it? Just check your labels to be sure. Seasoned salt typically has less sodium (as does sea salt) than regular table salt, so I regularly use it to keep my sodium intake in check.

Also, be cautious about overexertion as it can cause a stall in losses. I simply added a daily mile-long power walk. Sometimes I pile up the cushions on my sofa so that my legs are high off the floor, and do sit ups--actually, a more accurate description is a 'sit-back'. ;) From an upright sitting position, I cross my arms over my chest and lean waaaayyy back, until I feel the pull in my lower abs and sides. Then I sit back up. This really works those lower abs with no back strain and no special equipment. I can rack up 200 of these during commercials or a television show in no time.

What are your exercise strategies? Which salt do you use? How close are you to your goal/how many pounds have you lost so far? I'd love for you to share your thoughts here by replying to this post (below).

Have a great week! You are closer than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment